At BCES we are able to work directly with our teachers and staff. Some of the most important people on our volunteer list are the Room Parents. The teachers choose Room Parents sometime in the month of August - generally between Open House and a few days after Curriculum Night.
Room Parent duties include but are not limited to:
- Work effectively with the classroom teacher.
- Attend Room Parent Training Meeting to be held on September 10. We will hold two trainings in the auditorium - please attend the one that works best for you - either 10:00 am or 6:00 pm.
- Being a link between the classroom parent and teachers
- Interpret and promote the work of the PTO within the school and community
- Set up an email list advising parents of school or class activities
- Actively engaging with other parents in the class
- Participate in volunteer work - from both the teacher and the PTO
- Ready to set up and help
- Be accountable for the class fund
- Organize and coordinate class parties, teacher gifts, and follow the PTO Teacher Appreciation Week schedule
Please email our Room Mom Coordinator Julie who will work with Room Parents throughout the year. Please contact her with any questions or concerns.
- Tuesday, November 13
- Wednesday, November 14
- Thursday, November 15
- Friday, November 16
- Tuesday, November 27
- Friday, November 30
- Friday, December 21
- Friday, February 1
- Monday, February 4
- Tuesday, February 5