Big Creek Elementary Literacy Night
Thursday February 6th, 2019
This event begins promptly at 6:00 pm and ends at 7:00 pm
Mark your calendars and help us celebrate reading and literacy at Big Creek Elementary.
Students: Bring up to 3 gently used children’s books to trade in our Book Swap station!
Parent sessions include:
- Get a sneak peek into a Guided Reading session.
- Visit the BCES Media Center and Leveled Book Room.
- Learn about the library resources and programming that Sharon Forks Public Library offers.
- Learn easy and effective reading strategies you can do at home to help your child thrive in the classroom and on standardized tests. Presented by our Big Creek Instructional Coaches.
Student stations include:
- Make your own bookmark.
- Cuddle up with a good book.
- Snap a picture at our Photo Booth.
- Use a chromebook and learn web-based reading games.
- Participate in hands on reading and writing games that practice various literacy skills.
- Swap gently used books (bring 3 gently used children’s books to trade).
- Win free books - There will be several free raffle book prizes.
- Enjoy a great story read by our principal and/or assistant principals.
All students attending have a chance to win FREE books in our book raffle.
A special thanks for Mrs. Heather Smith, Ms. Katie Collins, Big Creek PTO, Sharon Forks Library, and SFHS Beta Club for helping with this event.
If you have any questions about this event, please email Leandrea Voskanian.
- Tuesday, November 13
- Wednesday, November 14
- Thursday, November 15
- Friday, November 16
- Tuesday, November 27
- Friday, November 30
- Friday, December 21
- Friday, February 1
- Monday, February 4
- Tuesday, February 5